DUPLIKATOR is the fastest, most efficient and easiest to use disk copying system ever conceived! (from their ad)
Datel’s DUPLICATOR is amazing, it has two components a main board with 256K RAM which plugs into the Commodore 64’s cartridge port and a parallel cable with connects between the Commodore 64’s User Port and the 6522 VIA chip inside your Commodore 1541 disk drive. No soldering is usually required.
DUPLIKATOR’S Key Features –
– Copies whole disk in one pass – only one drive required!
– Make Backup Copies in eight seconds!
– DUPLIKATOR is the fastest, most efficient and easiest to use disk copying system ever conceived!
– Comes complete with 256K on board ram and it’s own operating system – no software to load!
– Makes multiple copies from one master!
– Full disk verification during back-up process!
– Copies standard software as well as errors 21-29 and up to 40 tracks!
– Full disk error check in 8 seconds!
– A must for clubs, user groups etc. How else can you copy over 250 disks an hour for less than £100?
In one of the users groups I was in back in the day, they’d made a all in one case out of some metal braces and some wood panels to house the duplikator, so all on needed to do was hook up a monitor and away you went. It was used as a mass backup machine, as it would load a full disk in, and then copy back as many copies as were needed.
Will it copy an exact 1541 disk to a CMD HD 1541 partition?
Thank you so much